Thursday, May 7, 2009

What a week!


As many of you know, Brandon moved into crib this week. He did great on Tuesday night when we moved him into his own bed. No crying, no fussing, and even sleeping for 5 hours. Well, then he did something that freaked his mom out! I went in at his 4:00 am feeding to find Brandon face down in his crib. Yes, our son, rolled himself over from his back to his tummy. No big deal, except, he was swaddled. So he was just lying there waiting for someone to come help him! Boy, did I feel awful! (Of course, he is totally fine and was clueless to anything going on!) So, after that I couldn't sleep and had to share my experience with Mike, which meant, he too was not going to be able to sleep. We were up about every ten minutes to check on him that night!


So despite our attempts to gradually modify his routine, Brandon is getting the full force this week: his own crib and no swaddle! He is doing fine....it is his mom I am worried about! Who knew "mommy ears" were so sensitive. I HEAR EVERYTHING! So needless to say, I am a bit tired. Luckily, dads don't suffer the same anxiety and Mike is able to sleep.


And, in case you are wondering, he rolled over from his back to his tummy again, so I know it isn't a fluke. He has taken to sleeping on his side with his feet in between the crib bars! Yes, I imagine I will be greasing up feet at some point to help get them "unstuck!" BOYS!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the joys of parenthood!!! From what I hear, the worrying never ends... :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.